Thursday, June 2, 2011

Jitters...

Dear Old Me,

This coming Saturday you are going to conquer a fear that has plagued you for a long, long time. You are going to go up on stage in front of strangers and dance, perform, put your self out there for everyone to see. This has been a long time coming and I think it is a perfect "coming out" for the new you. I just hope I don't fall on my face. I am so scared that I will be the one that ruins the entire performance. Ugh. I need to get over it!!! There is no backing out now! All you can do is dance your heart out and leave it on the stage. A smile creeps onto my face right now typing those words. Me? Leaving it on the stage. Whodathunkit? Not me that is for sure.

We have dress rehearsal tonight and I was so nervous about how I would look in my costume so I put it on. I am sure that this body does not belong to me. I am not sure how this happened. I know that I have never given up. Not giving up can and will get you what you want.

Now convincing yourself what you really want is to perform is the next step in this journey. Every class you teach will be a performance and you have to leave it on the floor. Oh god... now I am nervous about something else completely. I am going to end this letter before I have a panic attack.

Leaving it on the stage,

The New You

No comments:

Post a Comment