Monday, June 27, 2011

A new chapter...

Dear Old Me,

Tonight I taught my second Zumba class. It went really well. I see my dream becoming a reality right before my eyes and I stand amazed at the opportunity in front of me. The studio where I am teaching is perfect. I have a built in crew of adorable high school age girls from the studio and their moms. Tonight I mentioned how the girls would put us "old ladies" to shame and Jayme, one of the moms, responds "Where do you think they got it from?!" Haha! For sure! Could it get any cuter than that? They all seem very excited about coming back and sharing it with their friends. I am trying to not get to excited but I feel so blessed to have this group already supporting me. On top of that I get to see all of my friends from my other classes who are making a special effort to come out and friends from all parts of my life who haven't tried it before. I love the smiles at the end of class. I love the joy people get when they figure out that they are dancing and enjoying every second. I love the way Zumba continues to challenge even those who have done it for years but is easy enough to be done by the absolute novice.

Last Wednesday marked a new chapter in my life. I never dreamt that I could be where I am right now. I am so close to goal weight and teaching Zumba twice a week at a beautiful studio. This new chapter is taking me exactly where I want to be. I am proud but humbled by what has happened. I know that losing this weight has been a gift and I fully intend to continue to learn and grow so that I can share it with anyone and everyone who cares to listen. I know it is so hard to believe that it can happen. But it can. It does. You just have to believe it and keep with it. Keep with the happy and the weight will just slide off. Find the joy. I found it with dance and I let the happy I get in that 1 hour of Zumba infect the rest of my life. I have found a way to love the life I live and live the life I love all at the same time. It is a beautiful thing.

Oh, and here is a picture of your first class. How wonderful is that? I really am so grateful to everyone for coming out to support me. That night is one I will never, ever forget.


Until next time,

The New You

No comments:

Post a Comment