Friday, March 18, 2011

It's a new day.


Dear Old Me,

I am sorry it has been a couple days since I last wrote. I have to admit that things have come to a little bit of a head. There are definitely a few things that have happened the last few days that could each have their own novel dedicated to them. The problem is I just do not have the time to even think about them let alone write down a single word. The thoughts are there. The words are not. However, I committed to this blog. I made it a priority and a priority it will be!

The last week as been full of all sorts of lessons; opportunities in humility, triumph, exhaustion, excitement, anticipation, fear, love (maybe), friendship, trust… the list could go on and on. Let’s just say that every single day has been filled. Every second has been occupied. And I am not really complaining. I am actually feeling really, really content. I am feeling like this is how it should be. I find opportunities for growth. I find opportunities for failure. I find opportunities for a fresh start with each moment that passes and I am amazed that I have been given this second chance.

If you would have asked 10 years ago, I would never have dreamed that at 33 years old that I would be given another chance. I feel like my life is really starting. I feel like I am finally free to be who I have always truly wanted to be. And who I always knew I was. Right now, with this opportunity, with this new day I am going to embrace the gift that has been given to me. It’s a whole new day and I can’t wait to see what it brings.

Until Next Time,

The New You

No comments:

Post a Comment